Palak Mathur


Comments

  1. Great study! Using Fisher is important in film because of the universal nature of stories. I hadn't heard of Kollywood before. It sounds like you do well at interweaving theories of imperialism and narrative theory well. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Palak. This research is desperately needed, and the field of communication is becoming increasingly aware of own acts of overt and concealed colonialism. If you are interested in pursuing this research more, I think Rake Shome's article on "Postcolonial Interventions" might be a useful partner with Fisher. Congrats and I wish you all the best after graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great topic! It would be interesting to see if that legacy has continued-- perhaps in a longitudianal study to see how Western influence changed in both regions over time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating topic! It makes so much sense that you would find the legacy of Western culture in Bollywood and Kollywood. I'd love to know more about what messages these dark themes communicated about Indian culture and if these dark themes relate in any way to the legacy of British colonization.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Palak,
    I used to TA for this course in 2013 & 2014 and advised the quantitative and qualitative projects. Your study lies outside of my wheelhouse so I am not able to provide much feedback in that capacity. Sorry. But what I can say is that I am impressed by the number of films you were able to incorporate into the analysis. It's very impressive period, but especially given your semester time frame. I would agree with Jessy's suggestion of incorporating Shome in feature research.
    GBR!
    Sara Baker Bailey
    c/o 2014

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment