Sabrina Broderick


Comments

  1. Great presentation! I'd love to hear more here about the role that stories play in articulating the platforms of each candidate. What types of content typically show up in those stories? Do candidates speak more using stories or more about their policies? Are their stories always with the end goal of illustrating the need for a particular policy or are they using their stories to humanize themselves as candidates? You are asking interesting questions here and your study is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabrina, I apprecite your project and findings. I was so glad to see Dr. Scott Church, PhD graduate of our department, commenting on your poster. I appreciate that you looked at campaign messages from more local to national elections. I wonder if the results are influenced by the access of national campaigns; with so much spending and mediated messages that can go on for months; thus I wonder if their strategies are different given how they are able to campaign with multiple media? We are so grateful for the work that you have done with your Capstone professors this semester; you hung in there and finished up your project. Wishing you all the best! If you are graduating this semester, congratulations and please keep in touch with us, you are always a CommHusker! Dr. Dawn O. Braithwaite, Department Chair, Communication Studies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sabrina,
    I used to TA for this course in 2013 & 2014 and advised the quantitative and qualitative projects.A poster does not give you the ample space to dive into conclusions extensively, but I am intrigued by your second bullet point. I would encourage you in the paper to really go into detail there with your thoughts about campaign communication design and strategy. I am typically disappointed by practical applications sections because they can fall short of providing detailed thoughts and plans. I encourage you to use that space to lay out your thoughts regarding campaign management.

    GBR!
    Sara Baker Bailey
    c/o 2014

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment